Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ignite speech outline

Title: A key part to my life

Intro:
 I. Attention Catcher-
Keys have been making life accessible for everyone since they were invented.

II. LRL-
I have yet to meet a person who does not have at least one key.

III. Speaker Credibility-
I have had to use keys since I was in grade school and I've been dependent on them ever since.

IV. Thesis-
Keys have helped make my life much easier. I couldn't imagine my life without them.  

V. Preview-
There are so many things I need my keys for.

Transition- Most of the time that I need them is to get into my dorm or my house

First Main Point:
LRL: When most people start off getting their own set of keys, they start off with their home key

A. It gives me free access to come and go when I please
    -Don't have to depend on others to get in.
    - Make my own hours of when I want to go out or come in

B. Keeps my stuff safe and locked away
    -No one can get in when I'm gone without my key
    - peace of mind knowing it's secure

C. Gives me access to my dorm
    - Bed to sleep in
    - place to get work done

Transition: If I'm not needing to stay in my dorm, my keys let me take my car wherever.

Second Main Point:
LRL: We all like having the freedom to go where ever when we want.

A. I can go wherever as long as I have my car keys
    - Not depending on others for rides
    - Place to sleep if need be
    - Lets me cure any type cravings

B. Lets me go build memories
    - As long as I have my car keys, anything can happen
    - Make great stories from going places

C. Keys my stuff safe inside
    - If it's locked, it makes it a lot harder to get in

Transition: My keys offer me other rewards, too

Third main Point:
LRL: Watching movies and stopping at gas stations are two things everyone can say they have done before

A. My blockbuster reward card on my keys lets me rent movies
    - For a slow night of staying in
    - fun times renting movies

B. Speedway rewards cards on my keys saves me money when ever I go
    - Gas
    - snacks/ drinks
    - anything in there

Conclusion:
Restate Thesis: My keys have helped me so much. I couldn't imagine not having any.

Summary of main points: My keys can give me a place to sleep, a car to drive and even a movie to watch with some snacks. Everything else is connected to what my keys already give me access to.

Clincher: In all, my keys have helped me numerous times and continue to help me live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment