Sunday, September 9, 2012

Is Google making us stupid?

I just want to stay I feel like he is contradicting his argument by asking us to read this long article, but says Google and the internet has made it hard to read a long article. Anyways, I agree with his ideas about the effect of Google and the internet has on our minds. It was almost scary how accurate he was with some of his claims. As I started reading it, I stopped and checked the scores of the games, and when I came back he was telling about how difficult it is today to stay focused on reading something. It is true because even once on an article and reading it, there are so many flashy things going on around it, like advertisements, links and maybe even videos. I feel like the internet has, also, taken away some of my attention span because of the accessibly to more interesting things on the internet. The only time I can stay truly focused on something is if I am pushing a deadline or if it is easier to read than text documents. It was like the comic we read compared to the article on "rhetorical situation." I think the author hit it right on the head when he compared it to clocks and which we prefer looking at. I rap up this post by saying I share his fear of artificial intelligence and question its need. Knowledge is best left open to the world and given to those who wish to seek it. It is something that is earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment